Learn About Our Admissions
Columbia College will REQUEST and PAY for your transcripts when you complete and sign the Transcript Release form that is part of the application process for both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
FREE EVALUATION of TRANSFER CREDIT for ONLINE PROGRAMS
Training, Academy, Military, and College credits will be evaluated for transfer credit. When you submit the application for admission, you will indicate which organizations you want evaluated for transfer credit.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing students may receive up to 72 hours of transfer credit for their general education courses and associate degree nursing courses up to 72 hours.
Graduate students may receive up to 9 hours of transfer credit for previous graduate work. The amount of transfer credit granted will be determined upon review of transcript.
TRAINING, ACADEMY, CEU, and CLEE CREDITS
Students in the undergraduate Criminal Justice or Disaster and Emergency Management online programs may earn a maximum of 32 semester hours of credit for completion of applicable continuing education and training programs provided by one of the following institutions:
- FBI National Academy
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute *
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, FLETC *
- National Academy of Criminal Justice *
- National Fire Academy *
- S.C. Criminal Justice Academy *
- S.C. Department of Corrections Academy”
- South Carolina Fire Academy *
- Southern Police Institute *
CEU’s and CLEE’s – Training records for CEU’s and CLEE’s will be evaluated for transfer credit if your training officer sends a statement on official department letterhead with the courses listed and course descriptions for each. Copies of training certificates are NOT accepted. This statement can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Online Admissions, 1301 Columbia College Drive, Columbia, SC 29203.
- One semester hour of credit will be awarded for every 37.5 CEUs earned *
- One semester hour of credit will be awarded for every 300 CLEEs earned *
- Programs that have not been assigned a number of CEUs or CLEEs will earn one semester hour of credit for every 300 clock hours of training *
*All transfer credit earned from training, CEU, CLEE, or Military will be counted as general elective credit only and will not satisfy any major or general education requirements.
Military courses approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) will be evaluated for transfer credit.
Contact Harry Cooper – Program Director, Undergraduate Criminal Justice
Contact Dr. D’Michelle Dupre – Program Director, Master of Criminal Justice
Contact Emily Bentley – Program Director, Disaster and Emergency Management